- Responsible Investment Policies
- Buy-and-build and its impact on the debt market
- Considering tax issues and mitigating possible impact on returns
Chairs opening remarks
Economic Outlook Presentation
Trends to Watch – Tracking Changing Deal Volume and Fund Sizes
Blurred Lines – Examining a Changing Competition Landscape
- Discussing the future of regulation for the Private Debt Market and how this will alter the competition landscape
- Identifying permanent and temporary markets for direct lenders
- From fixed product to case-by-case: Tracking the rise of agile lenders and the necessity of bank flexibility
- Collaboration as a mean of levelling the playing field and reinstating repayment hierarchies through PIK and beyond
- Managing increasingly borrower friendly terms – How far can and should lenders go?
Anticipating the Downturn of the Credit Cycle
- Assessing changes to fund structures and preferred debt models in the face of uncertainty – ABL, distressed debt and beyond
- How and whether to prepare for the next downturn after a period of uninterrupted growth
- Where will an economic downturn leave lenders and their distribution of market share?
- Are we seeing increased lending due to long-term stability and assumed low volatility again, which so intensely impacted the market in the late 2000s?
- Discussing changes to strategy with a view to the expected downturn
Discussing GP-priorities and the Impact of the Economic Climate on Debt Requirements
- In an uncertain and changing economic climate, what are GPs looking for in a debt provider?
- Positioning yourself in preparation for Brexit – the significance of international activity and its impact on strategy
- Investigating the details of non-UK banks’ approach to lending and how that might impact the competition landscape
- What is the attitude of GPs towards relationship lending in an increasingly competitive market with agile lending solutions?
- Price vs. certainty – where do GP priorities lie and why?
Advisor Info Session
Recognising Danger Signs
- Examining the impact of the credit cycle on default rates
- Full steam ahead, takings a step back or cautious optimism - What to expect from the year ahead in Private Debt
- What to look out for to recognise default risks early and mitigate losses
Case Study Interview
- Investigating the fundraising story behind successful big-ticket transactions
- Examining the strategy behind the deal
- Utilising relationship lending to increase deal size and profitability
Investigating LP Attitudes towards Private Debt Allocation – From Manager Selection to ESG
- Investigating risk levels in Private Debt and the role it can play in LP investment portfolios
- Looking at the increasing importance of the integration of ESG into the Private Debt market
- The ins and outs of manager selection, from lead origination style to allocation policies
- How the looming change in the economic cycle influences LP asset allocation plans
- Discussing the emergence of Private Debt Fund of Funds
Private Debt Track Record – Learning from the Past and Looking Ahead
- What credit environment are we moving into and how will that change things?
- Examining the changes to covenant trends and regulations which shape the market
Chair’s Closing Remarks