- Responsible Investment Policies
- Buy-and-build and its impact on the debt market
- Considering tax issues and mitigating possible impact on returns
Chairs opening remarks
Economic Outlook Presentation
Trends to Watch – Tracking Changing Deal Volume and Fund Sizes
Tom Carr, Head of Private Debt Products, Preqin
Blurred Lines – Examining a Changing Competition Landscape
- Discussing the future of regulation for the Private Debt Market and how this will alter the competition landscape
- Identifying permanent and temporary markets for direct lenders
- From fixed product to case-by-case: Tracking the rise of agile lenders and the necessity of bank flexibility
- Collaboration as a mean of levelling the playing field and reinstating repayment hierarchies through PIK and beyond
- Managing increasingly borrower friendly terms – How far can and should lenders go?
Callum Bell, Head of Lending: Growth & Acquisition Finance, Investec Bank
Mark Brenke, Head of Private Debt, Ardian
Graeme Delaney-Smith, Co-Head of European Direct Lending, Alcentra
Ian Sale, Senior Director, HSBC
Case Study Presentation
Taking a Leaf out of the Private Equity Playbook
- Assessing the impact of applying aspects of the private equity model to lending
- Taking an in-depth look at borrower experience, challenges and success in a recent
- Striking a balance between digital and personal aspects of the lending process
- Challenge and opportunity: preparing for the future and mitigating risks to excel
Stuart Blair, Director, Debt Finance, OakNorth
Anticipating the Downturn of the Credit Cycle
- Assessing changes to fund structures and preferred debt models in the face of uncertainty – ABL, distressed debt and beyond
- How and whether to prepare for the next downturn after a period of uninterrupted growth
- Where will an economic downturn leave lenders and their distribution of market share?
- Are we seeing increased lending due to long-term stability and assumed low volatility again, which so intensely impacted the market in the late 2000s?
- Discussing changes to strategy with a view to the expected downturn
Jon Herbert, Managing Director, Beechbrook Capital
Nakul Sarin, Managing Director, EQT Partners
Trevor Williams, Professor, University of Derby & TWC consultancy
Networking and coffee break
Discussing GP-priorities and the Impact of the Economic Climate on Debt Requirements
- In an uncertain and changing economic climate, what are GPs looking for in a debt provider?
- Positioning yourself in preparation for Brexit – the significance of international activity and its impact on strategy
- Investigating continental lending and legal environments and differing competition landscapes
- What is the attitude of GPs towards relationship lending in an increasingly competitive market with agile lending solutions?
- Price vs. certainty – where do GP priorities lie and why?
Michael Butler, Investment Director, ECI Partners
François Lactose, Managing Partner, Idinvest Partners
Chris Price, Partner, Mobeus Equity Partners
Advisor Info Session
The 5 Key Things you should know about Leverage Finance in 2020
- The very latest new structures and technology
- How to maximise the impact of refi’s, recaps and precaps
- Watching out for slip ups
- Strengthening lender relationships, even when things get tough
- Getting the very best out of your advisors.
Chris Skinner, Partner - Head of UK Debt & Capital Advisory, Deloitte
Case Study Interview
- Investigating the fundraising story behind successful big-ticket transactions
- Examining the strategy behind the deal
- Utilising relationship lending to increase deal size and profitability
Investigating Market Realities and LP Appetites towards Private Debt Allocation
- Investigating LP appetite to new strategies and asset allocation efforts in order to obtain adequate risk rewards
- Looking at emerging managers, strategies and niche plays
- How the looming change in the economic cycle influences LP asset allocation plans
- Investigating new and differentiated fund lending opportunities
- Discussing the emergence of Private Debt Fund of Funds
Karim Flitti, Partner, Chief Executive Officer, Credit Capital Partners
Matteo Squilloni, Principal, European Investment Fund
Private Debt Track Record – Learning from the Past and Looking Ahead
- What credit environment are we moving into and how will that change things?
- Examining the changes to covenant trends and regulations which shape the market