Agenda 13th Oct 2021
Registration & Morning coffee
Chair welcome address
Addressing the changing market: An overview
Opening panel discussion
- Reviewing historic performance: How has the past year been for fund managers?
- From deals to covenants: digesting the specifics of more recent changes
- Which new strategies to implement following a changed debt landscape and the emergence of new markets?
- Stress testing and crisis planning that keeps in line with the portfolio side
- The end of restructuring and government help schemes and furlough: what’s next?
- Private debt firms and hybrid flexibility: the demand for continued virtual communication with investors for ease of access
- Recognising where teams adapted best and how they managed throughout the past year
- Insights gained in balance sheet management
- Where are hybrid facilities beneficial?
- Inflation is on the horizon: a cause for concern?
- The growing demand for non-dilutive capital to help value creation: GP/NAV Fund finance strategies
- Simplifying documentation through instalment of umbrella subscription facilities
Venture debt and growth capital
- The importance of growth capital in the initial investment stage
- Extending the cash runway - Product and infrastructure requirements, to marketing and avoiding further equity dilution: what are the priorities in the 100 - 200 day plan?
Working capital and asset based lending
Case study led panel discussion
- Exploring the expansion/growth stage from stabilisation through to turnaround
- What are the funding needs to support new transactions and portfolio clients?
- Unlocking the value of assets to generate an immediate injection of cash and the financial headroom to expand
- Lending strategy war stories: where things went wrong and what to do differently in lending: the key takeaways
Coffee and Networking Break
- The emergence of new forms of finance: venture debt and beyond
- Getting to grips with ESG management
- How to properly conduct Due Diligence
- Bank lending vs fund lending
Leverage debt: Senior structured debt and unitranche
- 2021: the year of stabilisation and recovery for leveraged finance
- Acquisitions, change of ownership and re-finance for growth: the three key
- catalysts for the leverage debt lifecycle
- How to leverage sustainable cash flows to deliver up to 5x EBITDA
UK vs European Debt Market
- Debt market insights and trends for 2022: how do the UK and European markets compare?
- Periphery to prominence: What is the sustainability of growth in private credit across Europe?
- UK vs EU stance on leveraging niche lending strategies
Closing Panel discussion
The importance of debt funds in the ESG arena
- A spotlight on responsible investment: Addressing ESG management for the leveraged loan market
- Tackling the challenges of ESG integration throughout the investment lifecycle from sourcing and due diligence to exit
- To what extent is it possible to leverage management teams to encourage sustainability?